2020 JOINT CONVENTION & TRADE SHOW
SPONSORED BY: NEBRASKA STATE IRRIGATION ASSOCIATION AND NEBRASKA WATER RESOURCES ASSOCIATION
NOVEMBER 22-24, 2020
Holiday Inn Conference Center
110 S 2nd Avenue, Kearney, NE 68847
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2020
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2020
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2020
NSIA Program Activities
- Active participation and financial assistance for irrigation interests in instream flow litigation.
- Support for projects constructed under federal reclamation laws in their efforts to obtain title and/or renew water service contracts for their project facilities from the federal government.
- Support for irrigation projects’ water conservation efforts through a conservation programs workshop.
- Encouragement for changes in state laws for expedited procedures to allow water rights transfers and other water management activities within organization irrigation projects.
- Providing new property and casualty insurance programs with better coverage and at less cost for irrigation projects.
- Providing employee benefit plans designed to ensure sound protection and reasonable cost, helping irrigation organization to recruit and retain good employees.
- Endorse investment opportunities for surplus project funds to allow optimization of investment return for irrigation project operations.
- Keep state and federal lawmakers informed about irrigation issues and economic benefits realized by the state from preservation and support of irrigation project facilities and district operations.