Webinar Series Details
Enjoy the series of four webinars featured every other Tuesday at 1 PM absolutely free! Just register to receive a link to the event.
Software required is Zoom (free download). Recommended hardware: web cam and microphone. Registrants may call in and listen if hardware is not available to them. Register once to view all four webinars.
October 13, 2020 — “Drought Mitigation Planning”
Presenters are Paul Zillig – Lower Platte South NRD and John Berge, North Platte NRD
October 27, 2020 — “World/Nebraska Health Status and Impacts on Water Quality”
Presenter is Chris Fox, Metropolitan Utilities District (MUD)
November 10, 2020 — “Water Infrastructure Repairs, Maintenance and Improvements”
Panelists: Jeremy Gehle, Water Administration Division Manager – Nebraska Department of Natural Resources; Rick Preston, Manager – Gering-Ft. Laramie Irrigation District; LeRoy Sievers (retired), Nebraska Department of Natural Resources; Dennis Strauch, Manager – Pathfinder Irrigation District; and Bob Hilske, Manager – Nemaha NRD
November 24, 2020 — “Nebraska: The Great American Water Machine“
NET video production with discussion panel after viewing
Attorneys and Engineers:
This year’s Webinar Series offers 4.0 Educational Units.
Stay Connected — Advertise and Sponsor the Webinars
Without the ability to have an in-person convention this year, the NeWRA and NSIA are offering you this unique way to stay connected to your friends and colleagues.
The annual directory is slated for publication in December and you can ensure your message is received through an advertisement in this publication and by sponsoring our four-part Webinar Series.
Order by September 30, 2020.
Ad copy must be received by October 31, 2020.
Advertise in the Directory
Choose from three different ad sizes: $100 Business Card, $150 Half Page or $235 Full Page (Add full color for $35) Copies of the directory will be mailed to all members of both NeWRA and NSIA free of charge (350 Total)
Have a half page ad (includes color) in the Directory and sponsor the webinars — $250.00
Advertise a full page ad (includes color) in the Directory and sponsor the Webinars. Optional: Supply a small promo item (pen, koozie, etc) for the Welcome Gift Box sent to each registrant — $500.00
Advertise a full page ad (includes color) on a cover position in the Directory or on the center spread and sponsor the webinars. Optional: Supply a small promo item (pen, koozie, etc) for the Welcome Gift Box sent to each registrant — $1000
Additional Recognition for Sponsors
In addition to the advertisement in the directory, all sponsors will receive recognition at each of the four webinars. Sponsor logos will be displayed and sponsors will be mentioned during each event. Sponsor logos will be displayed on both association websites.
Ultimate Sponsors will have their logos displayed on the home pages of each association website and choose placement on cover positions or center spread of the directory.
2020 Joint Convention Cancelled. See above for alternate dates for On-Line Presentations
SPONSORED BY: NEBRASKA STATE IRRIGATION ASSOCIATION AND NEBRASKA WATER RESOURCES ASSOCIATION
NSIA Program Activities
- Active participation and financial assistance for irrigation interests in instream flow litigation.
- Support for projects constructed under federal reclamation laws in their efforts to obtain title and/or renew water service contracts for their project facilities from the federal government.
- Support for irrigation projects’ water conservation efforts through a conservation programs workshop.
- Encouragement for changes in state laws for expedited procedures to allow water rights transfers and other water management activities within organization irrigation projects.
- Providing new property and casualty insurance programs with better coverage and at less cost for irrigation projects.
- Providing employee benefit plans designed to ensure sound protection and reasonable cost, helping irrigation organization to recruit and retain good employees.
- Endorse investment opportunities for surplus project funds to allow optimization of investment return for irrigation project operations.
- Keep state and federal lawmakers informed about irrigation issues and economic benefits realized by the state from preservation and support of irrigation project facilities and district operations.